Tuesday, July 14, 2009

VBS = Free quiet time? Yeah...I don't think so...

Today is the second day of VBS (Vacation Bible School) for the children. So yesterday (monday), I thought that while the kiddos are at VBS, I can kick back and enjoy some day time show on TV, read a book while drinking hot tea and maybe taking time finishing my breakfast. Well that was not the case. Here's the play-by-play of my Monday morning yesterday:

8:40 Take the kids to VBS
9:00 Back at the house
9:05 Toast a wheat bread for breakfast and boil some water for tea
9:07 Ate the toast by the sink and turn on HGTV
9:09 felt something sticky under my foot and got the mop out
9:10 lifted all of the chairs and put them upside down on the dining table and did the same to all of the stools on the island (and I turned off the stove since the water was boiling)
9:11 sweeping the whole kitchen, dining and sunroom
9:15 mopping the whole kitchen, dining and sunroom

...so minutes later after mopping the 3 rooms, I moved on to the family room and started dusting. By 10:30 my kitchen, dining room, sunroom and family room were looking tidy and clean. So I thought another hour or so to relax not so bad, right? So I sat down in the family room to enjoy my favorite home makeover show but then I saw that the wing chair's slipcover has a whole in it. So pulled the slipcovers from both chairs and started checking the couch for stains. I got the stain remover out and started spraying the red couch. That was done and oh it is now 11:15 and I felt thirsty. Oh...I never did make that tea and the water is now warm not hot. So I had to settle for a glass of cold water.

Now it's 11:20, I opened the fridge to see what the children would have for lunch. I took out the boneless skinless chicken thighs from the fridge for my oldest son who's too old to eat the "baby chicken nuggets" and marinated the poultry. I checked the time and it was 11:35. So time to head back to church to pick them up.

At 11:40 I was in the car on the way to VBS while listening to The Best of Anggun. I felt a little tired but accomplished. Maybe after the kids have lunch, we can do a little quiet time but hmmm what should I make for dinner...?

But that was yesterday, now is today. It's 10:06 and the kids are at VBS...what am I doing? Blogging of course...but the kitchen needs a little tidying...

And so the story goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment